Friday, July 8, 2016

Morning Sickness

The term morning sickness is very misleading.  Yes, some people only experience nausea in the morning, but others may experience it in the middle of the day, at night while trying to sleep, or, if you're lucky, all day.  Well, I must be one of the lucky ones.  I am exactly 6 weeks pregnant today and have been nauseous all day and night from the moment I saw that little plus sign.  The only thing that I can even consider eating is fried eggs and toast.  I am hoping that it lets up soon because we have a lot of traveling this summer for friends' weddings.  We leave tomorrow morning for NYC for our second wedding of the summer.

If you're anything like me and searching for a cure for morning sickness, here are some suggestions.  While nothing has cured it completely, some have given me a little relief.

  • Ginger (I don't like ginger alone, but have been drinking ginger-peach iced tea and ginger ale)
  • Sour candies (I have several bags of Haribo Ginger-Lemon Gummies that I now keep in my purse, in my car, and in my husband's car.  I find that they help temporarily.)
  • Exercise (I'm not sure if it actually helps or just distracts me from the nausea, but I've found that going for a walk is another temporary fix.)
  • Toast/crackers/or other dry food (nothing that would fall in this category has been appealing to me, so I don't know if it works, but it comes highly recommended by others dealing with morning sickness)

No comments:

Post a Comment