Saturday, June 25, 2016

Plus Sign

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we're pregnant!  Last night I started to feel nauseous, almost hungover, but without drinking.  I woke up around 4AM today and decided that I was going to take a pregnancy test (still no Aunt Flow and I hadn't tested yesterday).  I was fairly certain I saw a second line, it was faint, but I'm sure it was there.

My grand plan of how I'd tell my husband was thrown out the window.  Instead, I went back into bed with my pee strip in hand, staring at my husband, willing him to wake up.  Somehow, this worked and I shoved the stick in his face and asked is he saw the second line (romantic, I know).  He agreed that he did.  Neither of us went back to sleep.  A few hours later, we went out to the nearest drug store to buy another test to confirm that we were pregnant.  And there it was, that little pink plus sign in the window.  We were both ecstatic and in shock.  We couldn't believe this was actually happening and only on our first try.

Then reality set it.  We had a rehearsal dinner to go to tonight and the wedding is tomorrow. To make things worse, as one of the bridesmaids, I was taking part in a girls morning out, which included a trip to Glitter Nail Bar - a cocktail bar and nail salon in one.  I was panicked, but thankfully called the nail bar ahead and they secretly made my drinks without alcohol.  Now to make it through the rehearsal.  I tried my best to pass my drinks to my husband when no one was looking, but a few people noticed.  We let them think what they wanted to think, but didn't confirm anything.  To make things worse, I only tested positive this morning, and the nausea has already begun. We headed home early, but now I'm wide awake writing this and pondering how I will make it through the wedding tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment