Thursday, May 11, 2017

Registry Help: On the Go

To give more in depth registry advice, I've broken down the Babies R' Us registry check-list by category and given my opinions.  Check out the Sleepy Time section here.

On the Go

Car seats/Strollers:
  • We have the Chicco Bravo Trio Travel system.  It includes the infant car seat, the base for the car seat and a stroller that the car seat can click in to.  The Chicco car seats are rated as one of the safest on the market, so that's the brand I wanted.  Some people opt to go straight to the convertible car seat to save money, but it's nice having the infant one that I can pop in and out of the base and carry him in to where I'm going.  The convertible ones stay in the car and you just pull the baby out.  You'll probably also want a base for the car seat for each car that the baby will be frequently riding in (we have one for mine, one for my husbands, and one for his parents).
  • The one downside to the stroller that came with that travel system is that the seat doesn't fully recline.  Again, I'm crazy about safe sleep, etc. and the guidelines say that the baby should only be sleeping on a flat surface whenever possible.  So I really didn't like the idea of popping the car seat into the stroller and letting him sleep in that (since they're not supposed to be in the car seat unless they're in the car) and the stroller itself doesn't lay flat.  I ended up caving and purchasing the Maclaren Quest, which is lightweight and lays completely flat for the baby to sleep.  If I could do it over, I would have only bought the Chicco infant carseat and the bases (not the whole travel system) and then the Maclaren stroller, but that's just my personal preference.
Diaper Bag:
  • I LOVE my JuJuBe BFF.  It was expensive, but totally worth it.  I can't say enough good things about it.  

Babywearing:
  • We already talked about this, but we have the Baby Bjorn One and the K'tan Active and I like them both.  These are definitely something that you'll want to go and try on because I think part of it depends on your body type.  We got the Baby Bjorn because it was simple to get on and it fit comfortably on both my husband and I.   I wanted the K'tan Active because it can be easily thrown in the diaper bag in case you need a carrier last minute and it's mesh so it's good for a hot day.  The problem is that is not a one size fits all.  Again though, go and try out the carriers and see what works for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment