Friday, November 18, 2016

Registry: Car Seats, Strollers, and Baby Carriers

The Essentials

You definitely need a car seat and a stroller.  However, there are a lot of options.  I strongly recommend checking out this Baby Stroller Guide and determine which type of stroller is right for your family and your lifestyle.

Ultimately, my husband and I decided that a travel system was the best for us (and this is also what most moms that I talked to also settled on).  A travel system is the best bang for your buck!  It includes a carseat that snaps into the stroller for your newborn.  As your child grows, you can eventually stop using the carseat and just pop them right into the stroller.  After reading many carseat reviews, Chicco was at the top of our list.  If you're interested, we ended up registering for the Chicco Bravo LE Trio Travel System.



The Extras

A baby carrier is definitely an extra, but my hubby and I consider it a must!  It allows you to carry your baby with your, but still have both hands free.  We plan to use it when taking the dog for a walk or when going on a hike.  I also know a lot of moms wear them just around the house while doing chores.  Plus, carrying around some added weight isn't a bad way to sneak in some exercise and bond with your baby!

If you plan on purchasing one of these, do your research and go try some out.  I thought I knew what I wanted and hubby and I went to check it out in store - it literally took us 20 minutes to get it on.  Granted it was our first go-around, but it was still way to complicated.  After experimenting with the carriers in stores, the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One was BY FAR our favorite.  It was comfortable, provided lower back support (to better distribute baby's weight) and was extremely easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment