Sunday, November 27, 2016

Registry: Diapering

The Essentials

The obvious essential here are diapers.  Your two main options are cloth diapers or disposable diapers.  My husband and I plan to use disposables, so that is what I will talk more about.  Check out the best rated disposable diapers here.  Their top pick (and my top pick) is Pampers Swaddlers - they have a wetness indicator (a huge plus) and they also are reported to have the least blow-outs among popular brands and are good for sensitive skin.  If you want to know how many of each size diaper you may need, this is a great place to start.  If whatever brand you get doesn't work out, most stores are good about exchanging unopened boxes for different brands or will give you store credit, so stocking up isn't a bad idea.

The other obvious essential is baby wipes.  Most mothers that I've talked to recommend Huggies, so that is what we will be registering for.  And as for how many you need, you supposedly can never have enough.  So we've registered for 2 of these starter sets and 2 of these value packs.

Finally, you'll need diaper rash cream.  From what I've read, A+D Ointment is the best cream to be used on a daily basis to prevent a diaper rash.  And Summer Laboratories Triple Paste is the best for treating a diaper rash.  I've registered for some of each.  And for those of the faint of heart, you may want a BabyBum Brush for applying any cream (this is definitely an extra, but I registered for it anyway).


The Extras

A diaper pail is not a necessity, but definitely something I need.  I like the idea of having one specific place to put all of the smelly diapers and to contain the smell.  We have registered for the Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail.  It is highly reviewed and the best part about it is that it doesn't need any specific, expensive bags - any good ol' garbage bags will do the trick.

For on-the-go diapering, I registered for 2 of these Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Bag Dispensers (one for each diaper bag) and some refills too.  Also, for each car, I've registered for a Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station.

Speaking of on-the-go, you'll probably also want a diaper bag.  Though very expensive, I have chosen the Ju-Ju-Be B.F.F. Diaper Bag.  The biggest pros of this bag were its organizational pockets on the inside, a section just for mom, insulated bottle pockets, and you can wear it as a tote bag or as a backpack.  My husband wanted his own, more manly diaper bag, and opted for this Bluekiwi diaper bag.  He liked that it looked like a computer bag that he would carry to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment