Sunday, November 6, 2016

Registry: Furniture

Now that I've covered where we're registered, I'll move on to what we've registered for.  I will organize this by category and will try to include the essentials and the extras that we are planning on getting.  We'll start with the most expensive pieces - the nursery furniture.

The Essentials
In my opinion, the essentials are a crib, a dresser and a changing table.  However, I believe that stand-alone changing tables are a waste of money and space.  Instead, we are going to get a dresser that has a changing table attachment.  Then, when you no longer need to a changing table, you can take the attachment off and you're left with just the dresser.


On another note, I need everything to match, so we are opting to get all of our furniture from the same collection.  However, this is definitely not necessary.  The set we are getting is the Delta Bennington Collection from Babies 'R Us and includes a crib, a dresser, and a changing table topper.  

Something to keep in mind is that most every crib we looked at was convertible.  That meant that they can grow with your child.  However, you will need to buy the extra pieces in order to convert the crib.  If you plan to do this, you should buy them at the same time as the crib.  You never know when they will discontinue that particular model and then the additional pieces will become unavailable.  


The Extras
One extra, though I am considering it an essential for me, is a chair for the nursery.  I will be spending a lot of time in their breastfeeding and I want somewhere comfortable to sit.  There are a lot of options when it comes to these, but we finally settled on this glider/recliner from Buy Buy Baby.  This is an item that I strongly suggest that you go try out - don't just try to read reviews online.  Everyone has their own opinion on what is comfortable, etc.  I'd also suggest that you read this buying guide to get you started.  

The other extra that I want are these 8-Cube Organizer Shelves from Target.  I like them because they can be used for whatever you want.  You can use them just as shelves for books and/or decorations or you can buy the fabric bins that fit in them to use as storage.  



No comments:

Post a Comment