Monday, January 23, 2017

Hospital Bag

With only 5 weeks left until the big day, I've got the hospital bag packed and ready to go!

I've included a breakdown of what's in my bag.  Though it's not listed anywhere, you'll also want to bring some favorite snacks for you and your hubby.

Everything I need for labor is packed in a small tote bag.  I plan to stay home during early labor, so I want those supplies easily accessible.  Everything else will be packed in a carry-on suitcase that can stay in the car for hubby to grab later.


For Labor  (packed in small tote bag)


  • Birth plan
  • Insurance card
  • Driver's license
  • Hair ties/bobby pins
  • Battery-powered massager
  • Sugar-free candies (your mouth may get very dry during labor)
  • Tube sock with tennis balls (recommended by our birth instructor for back massaging)
  • Essential oils (this set comes with a different oil blend for each stage of labor and directions on how to use it)
  • Sports bra (I plan to use the hydro-tub and may want this to keep things in place)
  • Phone with music playlist for labor
  • Bluetooth speaker

For Mom




For Dad
  • Pjs
  • Socks
  • Boxers
  • 2 t-shirts
  • Hoodie
  • Flip flops
  • Deodorant
  • Toothbrush/Toothpaste
  • Shorts (for him to wear in the hydro-tub)  
  • Blanket/pillow
  • Going home outfit

For Baby
  • Car seat with infant insert
  • Boppy (if you're breastfeeding)
  • Going home outfit
  • Nail clippers/nail file 
  • Olive oil (prevents first few tar-like poops from sticking to their butts)
  • Baby book (if you want them to do baby's footprints for you)
  • Baby blanket*
  • Infant sleepers* 
  • Hat*
  • Socks*
  • Mittens*
  • Swaddle me/sleep sack*


*Based on what my hospital provides, these items are optional.  I am bringing them to get some cute pictures of baby in the hospital.  


Technology
  • Tablet
  • Phones
  • Camera
  • Chargers
  • Nightlight (great for breastfeeding)





No comments:

Post a Comment